Through a simple application installed on mobile phones, it’s possible to control and follow a GPS tracking of employees working outside the office. While this technology reports great benefits to companies of all sizes, the truth is that it’s necessary to conduct a study to see if it is worthwhile to enable the service. In this sense we cannot ignore implementation costs, technological investment, management time… Anyway it’s interesting that this study is carried out by a company qualified for it and, as in the case of Bixpe, allows us to have a feasibility study that advises us on the most interesting points for our type of business and the advantages that we’ll gain from it.
Why control and follow GPS Tracking of mobile employees?
GPS tracking of employees working out of the office is increasingly widespread. Many companies have discovered, whatever their size, the benefits of geolocation, although sometimes the worker is the most reluctant to remain localized.
The important thing is to let the employee know why the GPS Tracking is going to be beneficial for the company and for itself.
Also, another important thing to keep in mind when implementing this technology is that the mobile employee must know that it’ll be monitored at all times and, of course, its tacit consent should be obtained before.
It’s very effective to let know our working force the personal advantages that they’ll be able to enjoy thanks to GPS Tracking Systems of employees working out of the office.
- It’s imperative to assure them that they’ll not be “monitored” outside their working hours and that their right to privacy will be respected. In this sense, apps like Bixpe offers the possibility of setting the timetable previously, so that in their rest periods, the geolocation function remains deactivated.
- It’s very beneficial to let the mobile work force know how they’ll benefit from the use of a geolocation app: greater flexibility when tacking decisions, optimized routes, avoiding unnecessary car journeys, not to waste time in traffic jams, increase the productivity rate with less time and invested effort…
- Be able to manage your own mobile devices. In the case of BYOD business, the employee will bring his own mobile devices, already accustomed to them, so they’ll not have to undergo a period of learning and adaptation to new equipment.
Why use a geolocation app in your company?
Once we have managed to change the perception of the worker on GPS Tracking of employees working outside the office, it’s time to become aware of the benefits that this technology will have for our own company:
- Confirmation that working hours and deadlines are met.
- Clear improvement of end customer service.
- Reorientation of deliveries or services to customers, optimizing routes in real time.
- Productivity analysis with time invested with the customer and profit obtained comparative table.
What kind of companies can use employee GPS Tracking apps?
The usability of GPS Tracking apps are multiple and varied, although some sectors are more prone to them. This is the case of security guards who, being geo-localized, can not only take care of an alarm case, they can also be oriented to carry out their intervention in a more secure way.
In the case of service sector (electricity, gas and energy technicians, elevator operators, computer maintenance…), GPS Tracking will allow the nearest technician, according to the location of its smartphone in real time, to get to the point where the urgent performance is required.
Commercial agents, delivery employees, insurance brokers… all of them will be able to optimize their work after analyzing the tracking history, calculating the time they spend with the clients and the profit generated. Likewise, it’ll be possible to recalculate routes and organize deliveries and visits to achieve a more agile and efficient work day.
As you can see, mobile employee GPS Tracking apps offer a good benefit package and if used correctly, both company and employee can increase productivity, rationalization of resources and increased profits.
CC Image: CIkerFreeVectorImages